Home

In Loving Memory

Posted January 11, 2012 by nicolas_lampert in Inspiration

Dara-G.jpg

On Monday, the Justseeds family lost our dear friend and collective member Dara Greenwald who passed away from cancer at age forty. We cherish the memories of an incredible person and an incredible life. Many will remember Dara for her art and activism - her video work, her scholarship, the Pink Bloque, the United Victorian Workers (pictured above), Spectres of Liberty, the Interference Archive, and the Signs of Change exhibition. We will remember her as a friend - someone whose sense of humor and wit was second-to-none, and someone whose words and actions will inspire us for the rest of our lives. We love you Dara.

Comments

I'm so sorry Josh. She was a wonderful person. I hope you are OK. If you need anything just call or email.

Posted by: Ben Rubin at January 10, 2012 8:05 PM

Que viva Dara! We love you!

Posted by: Favianna Rodriguez at January 10, 2012 9:06 PM

Filed under Inspiration is right! Dara is continuing to shine strong amongst us all.

Posted by: V. Renwick at January 10, 2012 10:23 PM

With love, in respect. Thank you for your bright light.

Posted by: Jed Brandt at January 11, 2012 12:38 AM

Shine on Dara, we love you like crazy!

Posted by: Stephen Melkisethian at January 11, 2012 10:32 AM

Josh I am sorry for your loss and our loss. Although my connection was slight I am deeply inspired by what she did as an artist and as a activist.

Posted by: Paul Stewart at January 11, 2012 11:27 AM

May your work and life inspire us always!
Dara Presente!

Posted by: Freedom Archives at January 11, 2012 1:52 PM

Design Action Collective is sending you lots of love Josh.

Posted by: Sabiha Basrai at January 11, 2012 2:12 PM

We love you Dara!

Boryana and Oleg

Posted by: Boryana Rossa at January 11, 2012 2:25 PM

Met Dara when Pink Bloque came to my class at Columbia College Chicago. Our paths crossed several times since in different contexts--all remarkable and unforgettable. I am eternally inspired by her and commit to bringing her work and spirit to others.

Posted by: Colette Gaiter at January 11, 2012 6:41 PM

I saw a photo of United Victorian Workers a few years ago and marveled at what a great design it is for processional street performance; I thought the people who designed this were being very incisive and inspired in their creation. How wonderful to have achieved this event!

Posted by: John Bell at January 11, 2012 7:51 PM

Sending loving and healing energy to you Josh and to everyone who knew, loved and respected Dara. I did not know her well but was continually inspired by the work and light she brought to her work and life.

Posted by: Melissa Palma at January 11, 2012 8:48 PM

Hugs from New Zealand, and solidarity through this sad time.

Posted by: Jared Davidson at January 12, 2012 1:16 AM

peace, love, respect, and courage.

Posted by: chris harvey at January 12, 2012 2:26 AM

"We are put on earth a little space, That we may learn to bear the beams of love." - W. Blake
So sorry to learn of this loss and wishing Josh and all who knew and loved Dara much strength.

Posted by: John Gianvito at January 12, 2012 4:40 PM

Condolences to Josh & the entire Just Seeds family who all lost Dara, a true artist and activist.

Posted by: john fekner at January 12, 2012 6:32 PM

very sad. sending you a huge huge hug from across the sea, Josh. wish i could be there right now.

Posted by: aviv at January 13, 2012 6:55 AM

I'm very sorry Josh. I had such an inspiring time with you, Dara and Emily in NY. Big hug and love.

Posted by: marina barcelona at January 13, 2012 9:51 AM

Josh, please keep strong in this tough time.

Posted by: David Lester at January 14, 2012 1:30 PM

very sorry to hear, best wishes to all

Posted by: miles partington at January 14, 2012 9:34 PM