Home

Posters in Support of Wisconsin Workers : Downloadable Graphics

Posted February 28, 2011 by colin_matthes in Downloadable Graphics

Lampert.recall.jpg05.superbowl.jpg

Here are six downloadable copyright free images about Wisconsin Labor Protests. Feel free to use images for posters, signs, flyers, patches, etc.

Download Recall Image by Nicolas Lampert
Download Super Bowl Image by Colin Matthes

lampert.WisconsinWorkersUnited.jpg

Solidarity-Wisconsin.jpg

05occupiedlabor.jpg

05unionmade.jpg

Download Union Thug by Jesus Barraza

Download Rat Eating Badger by Nicolas Lampert

Download Occupied by Colin Matthes

Download Union Made by Colin Matthes

Comments

Thank you so much to this incredible artists' cooperative for providing these amazing images to us free of charge. I'm looking forward to decorating my windows and lawn! I was a long-time friend of Chicago Wobbly artist Carlos Cortez who created some of our most memorable prints on behalf of labor and justice. When Carlos died, in his will he had donated all of his wood blocks and his press to the National Museum of Mexican Art under one condition--if a print ever became so rare that it began commanding a large price, the Museum is obligated to do a large enough run to bring the price way down. How's that for a punch in the face of capitalistic greed? I see the Just Seeds effort here as in that same spirit, and I'm grateful.
Brenda Cardenas
Milwaukee, WI

Posted by: Brenda Cardenas at March 1, 2011 10:05 AM

Let's get on this and get some T-shirts made! Spread the word.

Posted by: Art Teacher at March 1, 2011 12:18 PM

These are some of the best artwork for posters I've seen. The more novel one seen around the Capital are quite funny. Plenty are on Facebook. I am sharing your link and hope to see some of yours in the constant demonstration.

Posted by: Chuck at March 2, 2011 1:39 AM

nice work folks. nice to see yer still doing good work, mr. lampert. it's been a few years since i saw you last.

Posted by: dan at March 2, 2011 5:13 PM

you guys rock!

Posted by: Kim Cosier at March 2, 2011 6:49 PM

Thank you all for the beautiful posters, I'll try to rock one at the capitol soon. Keep up the good fight and join us in Madison to stop this atrocity on labor and education! WE are Wisconsin! YA BASTA

Posted by: Scott Noe at March 2, 2011 8:38 PM

Thanks Nicolas and Colin and Jesus! It's great they are available for all. I'll be hanging these in my car and on my house windows for all to see! Zak H.

Posted by: Zak at March 3, 2011 12:10 AM

As we use to say in the 1970's, "Right on!"

Posted by: Della Wells at March 3, 2011 6:47 AM

This is awesome stuff. Great work. I'll pass this around.
I am an artist from Ohio, where as I'm sure you know we're facing similar legislation from our Lehman Bros. exec. - turned Governor.

On a very similar note, I am trying to collect used protest signs from the protests in Wisconsin -- I know this website is specifically for downloading images for later use in posters, but if anyone has some used signs that have already been worn in at protests so far, and wouldn't mind getting in touch w/ me, here's my intent:
I'm trying to collect used and worn protest signs for an installation in an upcoming gallery show I'm curating in Ohio. The exhibition opens in April and will feature painters, sculptors, photographers and other artists addressing themes of Labor-Management issues, definitely touching on (but not limited to) the Ohio and Wisconsin bills.
Please get in touch w/ me if you might be able to help me in collecting used signs, and please pass the info along to anyone else who might be able to help. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
I can be reached at gregruffing@gmail.com

Posted by: Greg at March 3, 2011 8:53 AM

Thank you for your support of these Wisconsin heros. I will pass this along to everyone I know who is battling this fight. Your work is not without appreciation. Keep up the good fight!!

Posted by: matt starbuck at March 3, 2011 3:30 PM

WOW! That's me with the union thug sign! THANK YOU!!! You made my day!!! :)

Posted by: Peggy Weaver at March 3, 2011 10:02 PM

Wow Peggy, glad you got to see the poster!

Posted by: colin at March 4, 2011 11:03 AM

I would also love to see tshirt versions of these designs, as well as the other sconnie downloadables from you guys. If I knew how I would screen them myself (as would many others, I'm sure!), but sadly that's not a skill I possess. I would gladly hand over some bux to cover costs, plus extra to either support what you do or help the recall effort or some other related & very worthy cause. At least consider it, pretty please?

Posted by: Penny at March 12, 2011 10:24 PM

I continue to love Just seeds artwork.

Creativity + Solidarity!!
-PROGRESS

Posted by: PROGRESS Label at March 18, 2011 12:17 AM

Like the drawings. I will forward them to my union members in North Dakota, and all my Wis. contacts. Very Good.

Posted by: gary wendel at March 28, 2011 11:32 AM

Great post! I like the drawings.

Posted by: HC One at April 9, 2011 12:26 AM